Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Brighton and Hove based, award-winning digital marketing agency, Search Seven, is looking for an intelligent, highly organised, enthusiastic and forward thinking individual to join our growing team as a fixed term maternity cover. The role is diverse and challenging with high levels of autonomy and responsibility, in an exciting, hard-working and creative environment.
The HR & Office Manager will need to have the necessary experience, qualification and skills to hit the ground running and take charge across all HR functions and office management. Able to multi-task, prioritise and handle responsibility well to be successful in the role. The position encompasses full duties of HR management and managing the office environment.
This is an exciting role for an HR Manager looking for a sole charge position where they can get stuck into both the strategic and operational sides of HR working closely with the Managing Director. The right person will have a happy disposition and be able to cope with an occasionally high pressured environment with a mature and professional approach. Being a good communicator both verbally and written is a mandatory requirement for the successful candidate as they work on confidential and sensitive matters and will often act as a conduit within the team – reporting direct to the Managing Director on matters as required.
This role works across the whole business to provide data, advice, guidance, frameworks, processes and procedures which optimise performance in all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
We are very hard-working, innovative and proud of what we do and achieve as one of the leading marketing agencies in our field. We are only as good as the people around us and this is why the individual we are looking for must be exceptional.
- Define and manage all aspects of the Search Seven People journey, working with the MD to develop the Search Seven culture
- Promote and maintain the culture and work to embed the Search Seven traits
- Keep up to date with HR regulations and legislation changes and requirements and ensure compliance with best practice
- Manage the businesses recruitment requirements and recruitment and selection process, liaising with relevant members of the team and owning relationships with recruitment agencies, negotiating all terms of business etc.
- Manage all aspects of the new joiner process
- Act as first port of contact for all staff on HR matters and questions
- Oversee implementation and management of all Staff Incentive Program activities throughout the year
- Understand and maintain staff engagement
- Manage all HR documentation ensuring it is kept up to date
- Maintain and manage up to date Health and Safety procedures and documentation in line with current legislation and best practice
- Create, maintain and update confidential HR records for new or existing staff as required
- Manage staff leave, sickness absence, including approvals, record keeping and liaising with staff directly on their leave approval/rejection, holiday entitlement balance, paternity/maternity leave etc.
- Define and manage the Search Seven training & development programme
- Manage the performance and development approach and process for all staff
- Organise staff social activities
- Liaise with our external Accounting team on payroll matters
- Ensure the smooth running of the office on a day-to-day basis
- Manage the effective provision of office support services to the team liaising with external suppliers (IT support services, cleaning, internet and phone line providers etc)
- Improve the image of the office to reflect company ethos
- Ensure office supplies (tea, coffee etc), equipment and stationary are well stocked as required
- Work with the team to identify operational improvements and support them to implement these
- Support the planning and promotion of Search Seven events, workshops and charity fundraising
- Minimum 2 years HR experience
- Office Management experience
- A natural aptitude for organising
- A clear aptitude to work autonomously and ability to drive things forward without being prompted/taking charge in the role
- Implementing new processes as required and ensure best business practices are adopted
- Confident, friendly individual
- Show initiative and be hard-working and committed to excellence in their role
- Positive outlook with a ‘can do’ attitude and a calm confident approach
- The ability to identify problems and develop solutions
- Recognise and understand the need for confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Duration and Pay:
- The role is a part-time position as a fixed term maternity cover starting February 2019
- Salary is competitive and dependent on experience
- Regular staff events, including lunches and after work drinks
- Pension scheme
- 25 day holidays plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time)
- Fresh fruit provided in the office
- Regular staff events
- Involvement in our charity events to promote, participate and fundraise
- We are a small, close knit team, working with large agencies and big brands
- We have been around for seven years, with profit figures growing year on year
- We pledge to give up to 7% to local charities and community projects each year
How to apply:
To apply for this position simply send your CV and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Deadline for application is Friday 30th November 2018