Paid Media Account Manager
Full time £30k-£35k DOE plus bonuses
If you want the opportunity to shape your own career in Digital Marketing, we would love to hear from you!
What do you really value at work? What do you need from a company to be happy? What is important to you to feel fulfilled in a role?
At Search Seven, we believe roles should be built on your needs as much as ours. Whether that’s the flexible hours to fit your lifestyle, or perks and benefits that mean something to you; we want to know what gets you up in the morning.
For us, it’s our people. We’re incredibly lucky to boast a strong team of experts from a variety of backgrounds who create strategies that help our clients stand out from the crowd. We may be ‘techie’ but we have a sense of humour too and we’re confident that you will enjoy working with us! Our charity work is also very close to our hearts. Making a difference is a key driving force behind what we do, which is why we pledge up to 7% of our profits to charity.
We are a growing business and as part of our growth we need to hire more excellent people in our paid team. We know what we need (we listed it below) but we genuinely want to hear from you – what do you want? What do you think would help us make the best paid team in the UK (as a starter – world domination comes next year). So please look at what we need then tell us what we can do for you, what would convince you to explore this opportunity with us?
Who are we?
Search Seven is a remote-first digital marketing agency that was founded back in 2011 in Brighton & Hove, specialising in Paid Media and SEO. We still call Brighton our home, but since 2021 we switched to a remote-first way of working and we now have amazing team members based in Sussex, Kent, London & Stafford. We love to all come together and enjoy social events at least once every month. This includes taking on the Crystal Maze as a team in London, trying to get some holes-in-one playing Mini Golf on the Brighton beachfront, or simply enjoying some excellent food and drink together at beautiful venues in Kent. A strong, positive culture is a huge focus for us & being remote workers, it’s more important than ever to ensure we all get out and have fun to reward ourselves for all the hard work!
Why ‘Search Seven’? Search is obviously part of what we do, but why ‘Seven’? Well, we pledge to give back up to 7% of our profits to charity each and every year via our S7 fundraising events & direct donations. This was a pledge our founder; Gavin Willis, promised to make upon starting up the company so to become part of everything Search Seven stood for – to be different from other agencies & to give back. We’ve always put purpose before profit in everything we do, ever since.
Who are we looking for?
Search Seven is looking for an exceptional experienced individual, based in England, to join us as a Paid Media Account Manager. You could currently be a Manager in the world of PPC and/or Paid Social and wanting a change of scenery, or perhaps you are an experienced Paid Media Executive or Senior Executive looking for that chance to step up into the Manager role. We are happy to speak to you whatever your situation – we put a lot of focus in investing in PEOPLE over what’s necessarily on your CV. If we can see potential and the right attitude, then chances are we are going to want some of that positive energy here at Search Seven!
Ideally, you will have great experience across all areas of Paid Media and superb client management. Overall, this job is for someone who loves paid media, gets excited about seeing their clients succeed, enjoys problem solving, and seeks out ways to inspire, foster growth and build genuine partnerships with the team and clients.
As the Paid Media Manager, you will be responsible in generating excellent PPC campaign performances for your clients from scratch, whilst supporting your seniors & nurturing your team of account executives. You will be the main contact for key clients, developing our paid media offering and helping to grow the team, therefore being able to build positive relationships is a must.
You must be hands on, yet have a keen idea for strategy, enjoy a fantastic rapport with your team members, have excellent project management skills and be engaged & tenacious about delivering outstanding Paid Media ideas & results.
The kind of things you would be doing:
- Be the main contact for key clients & managing Paid Media campaigns from start to finish.
- Assist the Paid Media Director in growing the PPC team, including managing your team of executives with a positive attitude & helping to develop them into managers of their own.
- Helping to advance the agency’s approach to Paid Media strategy
- Contributing to quarterly review meetings and strategic reviews
- Working with the senior leadership team to develop, define and continually evolve Search Seven’s Paid Media proposition. Continuously evaluating new technologies and approaches to delivery to ensure we are offering an excellent and profitable service
- Upselling retained clients by introducing new strategies & platforms that will deliver results
- Strengthening and maintaining client relationships
- Supporting the business development team with pitches, with latest industry insights & strategies
- Supporting the wider team to improve their understanding of Paid Media leading to better ways of working e.g. via lunch and learn and training sessions to upskill the team
- Ensuring your output is to a consistent quality, and in line with Search Seven’s values
- Growing more junior members of the team in their understanding of Paid Media and working alongside a clear framework for personal development
- Creating and delivering highly effective Paid Media plans that meet and exceed KPI’s
- Developing, documenting, and implementing Paid Media best practices
- Reviewing and improving our approach to reporting
- Staying abreast of Paid Media platform updates, trends, and best-in-class Paid Media campaigns
- Functioning as an agency champion and expert across Paid Media who clients and peers alike can depend on.
- Be a keen ambassador for Search Seven in everything we do & represent – pushing your own ideas too.
What you ideally bring to the table:
- Strong understanding of Paid Search (Google Ads, Bing) and Paid Social (Facebook Ads, LinkedIn etc). Preference on Paid Search expertise but great Paid Social experience strongly desired.
- Good knowledge and experience with ecommerce campaigns, utilising Google Shopping/Merchant Center.
- Good knowledge on Google Analytics & tracking paid media campaigns.
- Good awareness of other aspects of digital marketing such as SEO, Display and broader media planning and buying.
- Experience of managing and developing team members at junior and mid-level.
- Excellent communication & time management skills
- Good experience with Google Suite products such as Looker Studio (aka Datastudio)
- Strong knowledge & experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Able to drive thought leadership and develop outstanding collateral in the most appropriate format
- Persuasive storyteller and presenter. Must be comfortable developing and delivering strategic presentations and able to think on one’s feet
- Proven ability to develop strong client relationships. Builds client confidence as a trusted advisor by actively listening and understanding challenges and or roadblocks and speaking with authority on how we will address them
- Experienced in working across integrated digital marketing campaigns that may require cross-channel collaboration with PPC, SEO, Display, Content Marketing, and CRM
- In-depth knowledge of the technology and processes involved in running high-spending Paid Media campaigns
- Strong familiarity with 3rd-party tracking vendors and integrating with social platforms
- Experienced in measuring and proving the value of Paid Media within digital campaigns
In return we offer:
- A fun & collaborative environment where you don’t need to be someone you’re not just to fit in.
- An open, honest and supportive leadership team who will always value your feedback, hard work, and contribution to the future success of the company that you will help shape.
- A promise that we do not work with clients and/or people that don’t fit our own values & culture. We genuinely care and we want you to enjoy working with your clients as much as you do your own team.
- Self-regulated, unlimited annual leave. We trust you to be responsible for your own time & workload.
- Flexi-time. We trust you to do the work to a high standard without the need to work silly hours.
- Fri-yays! We finish every other Friday with some team games online to help celebrate the end of the week!
- We make sure everyone enjoys their Christmas, with Christmas Eve through to the New Year off!
- Medical cash back scheme or something to the equivalent value of your choice
- A personalised development plan to ensure your progression
- Regular social and charity events
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- £500 learning & development budget
- Pension scheme
- Charity match funding (we will match up to £250 in year 1, and then £150 a year after that)
- Great perks & benefits are constantly being reviewed and considered!